It's February!


February! by Brianna Stacyn

First of all, yes, I know this is late.  However, between homework, classes, and feeling as though I'd been run over by a truck, it's been a little difficult to write this.  😉

So, what's happened this past month?  Well, let's see.

I haven't done a whole lot of reading, mainly because class reading takes up my time.  I do, however, get to reread Pride and Prejudice for class, so that's pretty great!

Ditto for writing - it's all been classwork.  This month, I've learned how to write poetry in several different styles, and that's been really amazing.

I got sick.


Okay, fine, it's not that bad.  😊  I'm definitely recovering, but it was a bit rough for a few days.  And I still can't shake the cough, unfortunately.  


A few things I've learned this past month (in no particular order):

Don't mention the fact that your fingers have gone numb, especially when you're sitting next to your overly concerned classmate.

That "news" can be funny.

Music is a lifesaver - haha, in more ways than one this past month.  😊

Sonnets.  Yep, I've learned a lot about sonnets.  Two classes in a row - only lunch in between. 

Kindness conquers all!

Having personal devotion time is totally. worth. it.  Seriously, it is.  Don't skip it unless it's unavoidable.  


Have a wonderful February!

Brianna




Comments

  1. Being sick is the worst. I've had an awful cold for the last month or so, and it's slowly killing me. :(
    That cough is pure evil. So sorry you still have it too. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is. Oh, I'm sorry! Hope you feel better soon! Yes, when your throat is already sore, and you can't stop coughing, it's one of the worst feelings. :(

      Brianna

      Delete
  2. Glad to hear that you're doing better!!

    I can understand - when I was in grad school, I didn't get a lot of reading or writing done either (unless for class). Maybe that's why I had such a mental breakdown, LOL.

    Catherine
    catherinesrebellingmuse.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly, so am I. :D

      Oh dear! Now I'm worried . . . :D I do make time for some reading, but it's definitely a very low priority, unfortunately. I'm actually doing more writing than I would, so that's good, but my characters are getting lonely. XD

      Brianna

      Delete
  3. Sorry about your cold, I'm glad to hear that you are feeling better!:)
    Also that's awesome that you get to read Pride and Prejudice for class.
    -Quinley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yeah, I should be back to normal soon. :)
      Isn't it? I was so thrilled about that selection; it's one of my favorite classics.

      Brianna

      Delete
  4. ICK! I'm so sorry about you're sickness, it's the worst. :(
    I hope you feel 100% soon!!

    And music is the best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the sympathy! It's much appreciated. It IS the worst, especially when you're busy.

      It is!

      Brianna

      Delete

Post a Comment

I appreciate your input!

Popular posts from this blog

Book Review - The Hobbit

Ordinary People, Extraordinary Stories

The Tag That Must Not Be Named