The Tag That Must Not Be Named


The Nameless Tag by Brianna Stacyn

Pardon the joke.  :D  On to the tag!  The lovely Lila Kims tagged me for whatever this thing is, so thanks to her!  She calls this tag The Mysteriously Nameless Book Tag - sounds ominous.  Here we go!


What book has been on your shelf the longest?
Umm . . . *goes to check*  
I actually cleared out my bookshelf a year or two back because I wasn't reading the books there, but it's probably Anne of Green Gables or Little Women.

What is your current read, your last read, and the book you’ll read next?
Pride and Prejudice,
Probing,
I don't really know . . . maybe The Tethered World?  It'll end up being whatever I have time for, really.

What book did everyone like, but you hated?
Les Miserables.  I couldn't get through it.  Granted, I was reading the full version, but I just couldn't stand it.  I'll pick it up again this summer.  Hopefully, I'll make it through this time.

What book do you keep telling yourself you’ll read, but you probably won’t?
The Percy Jackson series.  I've seen it recommended everywhere, but I'll probably end up forgetting to ever actually read it. 

What book are you saving for retirement?

*falls over laughing*
I could never wait that long.  Are you kidding me?  So, none.  We'll see what I read when I get there.  (But all that time sounds wonderful!!!)


Last page: read it first, or wait ’til the end?

Depends on the book.  I have a bad habit of doing this with murder mysteries, though.  Most times, I'll resist the temptation, but sometimes I end up just reading the end and then DNF'ing the book, for various reasons.

Acknowledgement: waste of paper and ink, or interesting aside?
Awesomeness!  I love clever acknowledgements, and I think it's fun to hear directly from the author.  I may or may not be planning mine already . . .

Which book character would you switch places with?
There's a lot . . .
Susan from Narnia
Basically anyone from Middle-Earth, except Legolas, because I really want to see him.  😊

Milo from The Phantom Tollbooth
Prissie from the Threshold Series
Aerin from the Hero and the Crown
Kat Simonson (Alreenia Hiddenblade) from the Berinfell Prophecies trilogy.
So yeah, basically anyone from an interesting world that I might survive in.

Do you have a book that reminds you of something specific in your life? (Place, time, person?)


A Cast of Stones.  I was sick, at my siblings' basketball tournament three states away, and wide-awake at one in the morning.  (I can't sleep in hotels.)  It'll always make me think of late nights and distraction.

Name a book that you acquired in an interesting way.

I obtain 99% of my books from the library, so not much there.  Um . . . ooh, I have a book I got from a book swap!  I don't remember what book that is, though.  Oops.

Have you ever given a book away for a special reason to a special person?

No.  Never.  Unless you count the aforementioned book swap.  I do give gift cards to bookstores, though, so they can pick out what they really want.


Which book has been with you most places?

My mini Bible (all 66 books!) travels in my handbag.  It's been a lot of places.  I also brought LOTR along with me a lot when I was younger.



Any “required reading” you hated in high school that wasn’t so bad later?

I don't think I'll ever like Moby-Dick.  It was a struggle to make it through, and I learned far more about whaling than I ever wanted to know.  There's an entire chapter on the whiteness of the whale, for crying out loud!!




















Used or brand new?

Library.  Otherwise, used, as long as it's in good condition.  I don't like buying new books - such bookworm struggles.




Have you ever read a Dan Brown book?

Nope.  Don't even know who he is.  😊


Have you ever seen a movie you liked more than the book?

The Princess Bride




(Sorry, couldn't resist.)
I couldn't stand the authorial interjections.  However, knowing the book made the movie more interesting, so I don't know?


Have you ever read a book that’s made you hungry, cookbooks included?

(Any cookbook I open, especially if it has pictures.  I'm a visual bookworm.)
The entire Redwall series.  They have about three giant feasts per book, and I couldn't stand it.  I literally had to eat something while reading those books.  Every time.


Who is the person whose book advice you’ll always take?

One of my friends (you know who you are! 😉)  Also, I sometimes take book advice from my classmates, but those books get more heavily vetted.  Other than that . . . not really anyone.


Is there a book out of your comfort zone (e.g., outside your usual reading genre) that you ended up loving?

The Count of Monte Cristo.  My family watched the movie, so I thought I'd read the book.  When I went to pick it up from the library, it was three inches thick.  Normally, I stay away from gigantic classics, so I was a little worried.  However, I finished all 1462 pages in four days.  It was the reading highlight of my summer!



I tag:


Quinley - Adventure Awaits 
Chloe - Books, Baking, and Cowgirl Boots
Ivie - Ivie Writes 
And anyone else who wants to!  You know you do . . .


(If you've already done it, don't worry about it.)  

Brianna



Comments

  1. Absolutely agree with you about Princess Bride and Les Mis! I finished the latter for school because I HAAAAAD to, but I don't know if I would have otherwise. Which is weird, because I don't usually dislike classics and I ADORE both the movie and the musical...but I know so many people who absolutely love the book and say that it's the best thing ever. I just don't feel it. ??

    Lovely tag! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Princess Bride was much better as a screenplay, I must say. Wow, you finished it? That's impressive!! For me, there was just too much information. :) Maybe I'll enjoy it more the second time around. Thanks for stopping by!

      Brianna

      Delete
  2. MOBY DICK WAS THE WORST!!! And I only had to read an excerpt. Great choices! I'm excited to do this! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It WAS. So much needless information . . . I had to read the whole thing for class - that was an exercise in willpower. But I can say that I finished it! :D Yay! I can't wait to read your answers! :D

      Brianna

      Delete
  3. Such fun answers! Wow, good job on Count of Monte Cristo o.o That's a thick book for four days! I don't like hotel rooms either, lol.

    Awesome post!

    ~ Abby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm glad you liked it! Well, I was on vacation, so I had plenty of time and nothing else to do. :D I can't stand them - probably because I always end up on the rollaway/cot/sofa bed. Oh well. Thanks for commenting!

      Brianna

      Delete
  4. Thank you so much for tagging me, Briana!:) I enjoyed reading your answers...I too like the movie the Princess Bride better than the book version,Also This is an awesome tag.
    -Quinley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! I'm very much looking forward to reading your answers. :) The movie is pretty great. All those quotes . . . XD
      I agree! I wish I knew where it originated.

      Brianna

      Delete
    2. Just wanted to let you know, that I did the tag!:)
      -Quinley

      Delete
  5. I feel you on the Percy Jackson series - my sis keeps saying read them, and I keep putting them off. LOL.
    I read through Moby-Dick on my own, and you're right, it's the worst written book I've read in a while....*slaps Melville on the head*

    Great tag, Brianna!!

    Catherine
    catherinesrebellingmuse.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good, I'm not the only one! :D I keep telling myself I'll find time soon . . . yeah, it's not happening.

      Wow! I'm very impressed that you finished Moby-Dick on your own initiative! He just goes off on so many tangents. *joins you in slapping Melville*

      Thanks! Glad you enjoyed it.

      Brianna

      Delete
  6. YOU MUST READ PERCY JACKSON!!!!!

    *cough*

    And lol, already planning your Acknowledgements page?? :D I haven't really done that, but I've been working on my dedication for quite a while...

    I love your answers! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This summer. Really! XD

      Rough outlining - such as who I'm going to mention - yes. Knowing exactly what I'm doing, no. (But that's nothing new. :D ) Oh, that sounds fun! What kind of dedication are you going to have, or is that a secret?

      Thanks!

      Brianna

      Delete
    2. Yay!

      And lol, you're not alone in not knowing exactly what you're doing... xD

      Well, I'm going to dedicate my first book to the Lord, because I want to give the first fruits of my labor to Him. :) As for later ones, I just imagine different ways of wording them. It's fun! :D

      Delete
    3. Now I'll feel obligated . . . oh boy.

      That's very reassuring, I must say. Sometimes I feel like the only confused new blogger in the blogosphere. :D

      That is a wonderful idea! Do you mind if I steal it? :) It is fun - especially imagining finishing and publishing an actual book! That's so cool!

      Brianna

      Delete
    4. I'll have to get busy writing it, then. :D

      Brianna

      Delete
  7. I ALWAYS have to have snacks when reading Redwall xD. I actually have the Redwall cookbook, and the recipes I make out of it are delicious, which doesn't help when I read about them. Another book that makes me hungry when I read it would definitely be Farmer Boy. I am slightly ashamed to admit that I often read it solely for the food descriptions lol. Great post, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's unbearable to read without snacks. :D Oh, really? I kind of wanted to get that for a while - what recipes does it have? That book too! All that delicious homemade farm food and the giant pumpkin . . . I'm hungry again. XD Oh, I read it for the food too. :D It's worth it! Thanks!

      Brianna

      Delete
  8. I just did this tag, publishing tomorrow-I had fun thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed it! I'll have to check it out.

      Brianna

      Delete

Post a Comment

I appreciate your input!

Popular posts from this blog

Book Review - The Hobbit

Ordinary People, Extraordinary Stories