(Tag! I'm It!) The Writer's Book Tag

Yep, that title's correct.  I've been tagged (first time, ahh!)  The lovely, amazing, and sarcastic Mary Kate *applause* has tagged me for the Writer's Book Tag!  If you haven't already clicked those little links, what are you waiting for?  As I already said, she's amazing, so you're completely and totally missing out . . . *taps foot*

All righty, now that we've established the fact that Mary Kate is wonderful, on to the tag! 


RULES:

Shout out to the blogger who tagged you! (I don't know that shouting at my computer is the best way to do this, so I'll just point you back up to that first paragraph and threaten you with death if you disregard my instructions. 😊)

Tag 3 people. (I'll do that at the end . . . that way y'all have to read the whole thing. :D )

Use the Graphic. (See below. Such a pretty graphic, isn't it?)





On to the questions!  This should be fun . . . 


First Draft: A Book Or Series You Have NEVER Read Before:

This is hard!  I usually just keep track of the books I read, not the ones I haven't read!  I'd have to say Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson.  Although I meant to get to this one over the summer, I still haven't read it.  This summer.  For sure.  Really. 😊




Second Draft: A Book Or Series You Didn't Like As Much The Second Time You Read It:

Um, I'm going to say Redwall by Brian Jacques.  (These questions are ridiculously hard!)  I read this series about a hundred times (give or take ninety-five) when I was younger, and this was my least favorite book, for some reason.




Final Draft: A Book Or Series You've Liked For A Really Long Time:

The Threshold Series by Christa Kinde.  If you've never heard of this, it's a four book series about a girl who can suddenly see angels.  The authoress is a Christian, and the books are AMAZING!  Also, the main character is so well-written!  She's super relatable, and she's also quite similar to a lot of people I know - it's a little scary, actually.  

                  

                   



Killing Off Your Characters: A Book Or Series That Made You Cry:

Okay, confession time: I've never actually been brought to tears by a book.  Ever.  I laugh a lot, but I never cry.  The closest I've ever come, though, is The Hawk and the Dove Trilogy by Penelope Wilcock.  This book has the rawest, realest characters I've ever happened upon, and they are completely real people.  So good.  It's also very interesting for me, since it's set in a monastery, and that's not something I've had a whole lot of exposure to.  I would not, however, recommend it for anyone under 13 - it's very emotionally taxing.  (I think there's a few instances of violence and an inappropriate relationship outside of marriage, too.  So just be warned.)  It's still one of the best books I've ever read.




Plot Holes: A Book Or Series That Disappointed You:

Renegades by Marissa Meyer.  I'd been looking forward to reading a dystopian superhero novel, and instead I got . . . well, yeah, we'll just leave it there.  



I'm doubling up on this category.  It's probably not good that I can think of extra for this one, but not the others, huh?  Another book that really disappointed me was Eragon by Christopher Paolini.  It was far too much story spread over too little plot, and it felt like Star Wars plot with Lord of the Rings world and characters.  It was just really not my thing!





Writer's Block: A Book Or Series That You Haven't Finished:

Do I have to admit this? 
. . . 
Okay, fine.  I still haven't finished Ranger's Apprentice by John Flanagan.  To be fair, though, I only have two books left.  I will get through them.  Eventually. 😉




Feedback: A Book Or Series That You Would Recommend To Anyone:

Hmm.  There's a lot.  You know what, I'm going to double up on this one to make up for the Plot Holes category.  
First one: The Mysterious Benedict Society by Trenton Lee Stewart.  This series is so good!  Also, there's a lot of puzzle-solving, talented kids, and no romance whatsoever, so it pretty much appeals to everyone.  



Second one: The Phantom Tollbooth by Norton Juster.  It's hilarious.  The puns are worse than mine - but much more clever.  If you've never read it, you don't know what you're missing!  Again, this is a "kids" book, but it's so much more than that.  The "children's" label simply means that it's squeaky-clean content-wise.  (Which I'm not going to complain about!)




Well, that seems to be all the categories.  Thanks again to Mary Kate for tagging me, and now, what I'm sure you've all been waiting for  . . . 

I tag:




And, of course, y'all are free to steal the tag if you wish to!  

So, how many of these have you read?
Do you disagree with me on anything?
And . . . are you going to steal the tag??  (You nefarious rebel!  I can't wait to read your answers.)

Brianna

Comments

  1. I've only read Eragon and The Phantom Tollboth.

    I do like Lord of the Rings and Star Wars, so Eragon doesn't bother me that much.

    Awesome post, Brianna!!

    Catherine
    catherinesrebellingmuse.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the Phantom Tollbooth! It's a little obscure, but it's so good.

      For some reason, I just could not stand Eragon. Oh well - I'll just go re-read Lord of the Rings. XD

      Thanks so much! Glad you enjoyed it.

      Brianna

      Delete
  2. THIS WAS YOUR FIRST EVER TAG?

    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

    I SHOULD WRITE IT DOWN, FRAME IT "MARY KATE TAGS BRIANNA STACYN, AUTHOR OR NO END OF BOOKS WITH FIRST EVER TAG" AND THEN KEEP IT FOREVER, SO THAT WHEN YOUR SUPER POPULAR I CAN LAUGH SMUGLY.


    And YAY! Great post! I have to add a couple of these to my TBR pile...I've heard of the Mysterious Benedict Society, but not the Threshold series...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES!!!

      Well, I'm not sure about the super popular part. :D But thanks so much!

      Oh, I'm sorry for increasing your TBR. That's the downside of these posts. :) They're both really good! Hope you enjoy whatever you read.

      Brianna

      Delete
  3. The Threshold series sounds interesting—I may have to check that one out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I highly recommend it! It's really well written, as well as interesting. Thanks for stopping by!

      Brianna

      Delete
  4. Oh, They Mysterious Benedict Society! I had forgotten about those books but they were a childhood favorite. Very clever and intriguing. Have you ever read their companion book? I can't remember what it was called but it was basically a book full of puzzles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've re-read them a couple times - they never get old. They're so amazing! Oh yes, I did read that one a while back. It was intriguing, but not as good as the original series. Did you ever read The Extraordinary Education of Nicholas Benedict? I think it was kind of a prequel. Thanks for commenting!

      Brianna

      Delete
  5. The last book in the Ranger's Apprentice series, The Royal Ranger, is one of my favorites!! :D And the Threshold series sounds super interesting! *adds to TBR*

    And I soooooo need to read The Phantom Tollbooth! I've only heard good things about it. xD

    I love your answers, Brianna!

    Lila
    The Red-Hooded Writer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, that's extra incentive for me to finish the series, then! :D It's so good! Honestly, I can't believe I haven't mentioned them on here before. *shakes head at self*

      Yes, you do. XD It's amazing - and you will be quoting from it and/or laughing out loud while you read. Hope you enjoy it!

      Thanks! I'm looking forward to seeing your answers as well . . . :D

      Brianna

      Delete
  6. I'M SO EXCITED I'VE BEEN TAGGED I DIDN'T EVEN HAVE TO STEAL IT. (ps sorry i'm like five days late)

    THANK YOU SO MUch for tagging me. *grins sheepishly* My first tag, couldn't you tell??? lol


    ---Abby

    foreverpersuaded.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's pretty much what I did when I saw I'd been tagged for this. XD (Don't apologize - life happens.)

      You're welcome! I can't wait to see what you have to say!! *high-fives you* Mine too! Isn't it exciting? I made the weirdest noise when I saw I'd been tagged . . . Nope, totally couldn't tell. :D

      Brianna

      Delete
  7. I've been meaning to read some of Brandon Sanderson's books, but I haven't gotten around to it yet . . . Maybe this'll be the year I do! *adds to my mental reading list* :P

    I'm kinda curious about Renegades, but I haven't heard much good about it yet. I also have no interest whatsoever in touching the Eragon series. No one can convince me otherwise! XD

    Yes, finish Ranger's Apprentice! Then read the Brotherband Chronicles, and the Early Years, and then see what else John Flanagan has written at that point. XD

    Thanks for tagging me! You can expect it sometime tomorrow. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I need to get around to those before too long. Of course, now there's actual motivation, so . . . XD

      Personally, I liked the story, but not the content. I found that rather unfortunate, but that does seem to be the direction that YA is taking. Oh good, I'm not alone!! :D Everyone else seems to love it, and I can't stand it. Oh well.

      I've read the Brotherband Chronicles! Oh, and I only have one more book of the Ranger's Apprentice series to finish, so I'll have to find another series of his. :D

      Yay! I'll be watching eagerly. :)

      Brianna

      Delete

Post a Comment

I appreciate your input!

Popular posts from this blog

Book Review - The Hobbit

Ordinary People, Extraordinary Stories

The Tag That Must Not Be Named