Pickup Lines + Book Lovers




So, this is going to be a shorter post, mainly because I've come down with something virus-like and don't have a whole lot of energy.  However, I'm making a foray into comedy, so we'll see how that goes. Brace yourself.  


Have you ever wanted to tell a book nerd you like them?  Conversely, have you ever been liked by someone who knew you as a book lover?  No matter if you have or if you haven't, you can still enjoy - *pulls cover off*  Voilà!  These lovely pickup lines, guaranteed (not!) to work.  Without further ado:

The Smooth One:
"Hey, are you still looking for your Darcy (or Elizabeth?)  Because I'm available."

The Salesperson:
"Just think, if we got married and combined our collections, we'd have an entire library!"

The Background Check:
"So, do you like _______?"  (Follow-up Question: "Do you prefer it to _______?")

The Single One (Also known as The Death Wish):
"I still think the movie was better."

The Clever One:
"I know I don't seem like your type, but 'All that is gold does not glitter.'"

The Sweet Compliment:
"Don't worry about it - I never judge a book by its cover."

The Awkward One:
"If you were a book . . . um, you'd be awesome?"

The Library:
"Shh!"

The Fairly Creepy:  (Really not recommended for use!!)
"I wish you stared at me as much as you stared at books."

The Practical One:
"What are you reading?  Is it any good?"

The In-Depth Reference:
"Would you like me better as a horse?  Because then we could be 'The Horse and His Girl (or Boy).'"

The Classic-Lover:
"Call me Ishmael.  Actually, just call me."


Well, I wouldn't recommend most of these for everyday use.  😊  They are, however, rather funny.
  
What would you do if someone said these to you?

Brianna






Comments

  1. I would, most likely, give them a confused expression because most of these lines are from books I haven't read. XD But, I'm sure some hardcore book lovers would love to be told this stuff. XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, that works too, right? XD I'd love to hear a couple of these - not the creepy one, though! XD Thanks for reading!

      Brianna

      Delete
  2. THIS IS HILARIOUS. XD

    *whispers* i might use some of these someday on some of my friends.... shsss. XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked it! It was far too much fun to write. :D

      *whispers back* I won't tell anyone, but you have to tell me how it goes. XD

      Brianna

      Delete
  3. Heheee, I know almost all of those lines. Personally, I think my reaction would be raised eyebrows for most of them :).

    Awesome post, Brianna!! Hope you feel better soon!

    Catherine
    catherinesrebellingmuse.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some of them got a little obscure . . . whoops. I have to say, that'd probably be my reaction too. :D

      Thanks! I hope so too . . .

      Brianna

      Delete
  4. Lol, these are great! The Clever One is AWESOME. If a guy said that to me... well, suffice it to say, I'd be impressed. xD

    Lila @ The Red-Hooded Writer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Haha, that one is actually my favorite. :D Me too! Someday. . . I guess that's how you'll know he's the right one. XD

      Brianna

      Delete
  5. I don't understand many of the references BUT some I do, and I' m a sucker for a pick-up line. Haha. So loved the post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. On second thought, maybe I should've left Moby-Dick references out. :D Thanks! That means a lot to hear. :)

      Brianna

      Delete
  6. I'd laugh. And then I'd say, "Okay, Laurie, back off." *laughs at my hilarious literary reference* *cries because LAURIE and JO were A THING, ALCOTT*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's pretty clever! *laughs along* Oh my word, yes!! I still can't believe that she had to ruin our dreams like that. It's so wrong! Laurie and Jo were so perfect for each other . . . *sobs*

      Brianna

      Delete

Post a Comment

I appreciate your input!

Popular posts from this blog

Book Review - The Hobbit

Ordinary People, Extraordinary Stories

The Tag That Must Not Be Named